Man dies of poisoning

Dhulikhel, August 17:

Chaturman Tamang of Mangkha-1, Sindhupalchowk, died and his sister Sita Tamang passed out after drinking fruit drink ‘Frooti’ served by an unidentified person yesterday.

The two were attending to their brother Suman Tamang in Scheer Memorial Hospital, Banepa.

According to Sita’s husband Suk Bahadur Tamang, the person had enticed the duo by offering a cheap meal at a nearby eatery.

“When they reached Modern Petrol Pump in Ugratara Janagal VDC, the unidentified person offered them fruit drink ‘Frooti’. On finding the taste unusual, Sita offered the drink to Chaturman. Both of them passed out after drinking Frooti. When Sita woke up, her golden chain weighing one-and-a-half tola was missing,” Suk Bahadur Tamang quoted his wife Sita.

Police took the two to Scheer Memorial Hospital. Chaturman died in course of treatment.

Sita has been referred to a hospital in Kathmandu.

Post-mortem report of Chaturman revealed that the fruit drink contained poison, a hospital source said.