Labourer electrocuted in Kanchanpur

MAHENDRANAGAR: A labourer working at an under-construction house was electrocuted after he accidentally came in contact with high-voltage transmission line in Bhimdatta of Kanchanpur district on Thursday.

Pankaj Rana (23) received fatal electric shocks on the top floor of Dipendra Mahara's house, according to Inspector Mohan Saud at the District Police Office.

Rana hailed from Vedkot, Dharampur in the district.

Another person, identified as Manoj Chaudhary of Dharampur, was injured in the incident.

Currently, Chaudhary is receiving treatment at the Dhangadhi-based Seti Zonal Hospital.