Nepal | September 26, 2020

Nepal COVID-19 Update: 380 new cases, 40 recoveries, two fatalities recorded

only 72 percent of the public were using face masks as safety measure

THT Online
Share Now:

KATHMANDU: Nepal’s Health Ministry, in its regular press briefing, shared the latest updates on coronavirus contagion from across the country, and government’s response to the health crisis.

As of today, 443,804 tests through Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) method have been carried out wherein as many as 8,515 tests were carried in the last 24 hours. 

At present, there are 11,038 people under quarantine in various facilities across the country while 6,544 people are in isolation, receiving treatment.

380 new cases of coronavirus infection were reported today taking the national tally to 22,972.

As many as 40 persons earlier diagnosed with the disease, admitted in various healthcare facilities, have been discharged following recovery, stated the Ministry. With the recent additions, the national COVID-19 recovery tally has now reached 16,353.

Nepal’s COVID-19 death-toll has now advanced to 75. Two fatalities were recorded today.

Ministry Spokesperson Dr Jageshwar Gautam stated that according to a recent study, it was found that only 72 percent of the public were using face masks as safety measure while the remaining 28 percent are yet reluctant in doing so. He appealed to the public to strictly abide by the safety protocols. He made special appeal to COVID-19 patients accommodated in home isolation to follow the government prescribed guidelines.

As of today, the country has witnessed 22,972 cases of the coronavirus infection while 16,353 people have been discharged from hospitals. Meanwhile, seventy-five COVID-19 fatalities have been confirmed.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories:

More from The Himalayan Times:

Ordinance moots 20-year jail term for acid attack

KATHMANDU, SEPTEMBER 25 The Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs has prepared the draft of two ordinances proposing to increase jail term for acid attackers to 20 years and to regulate the sale and distribution of acid. Under the existing law, perpetrators of acid attack face a m Read More...

Hundreds of houses inundated in Saptari

RAJBIRAJ, SEPTEMBER 25 A few days of incessant rainfall has inundated hundreds of houses in Saptari district. Water from swollen Khado, Balan, Triyuga, Jita and Mahuli streams has gushed into houses in district headquarters Rajbiraj and many other rural areas. In Wards No 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 Read More...

Thousands of mosques in Xinjiang demolished in recent years

BEIJING, SEPTEMBER 25 Chinese authorities have demolished thousands of mosques in Xinjiang, an Australian think tank said today, in the latest report of widespread human rights abuses in the restive region. Rights groups say more than one million Uighurs and other mostly Muslim Turkic-speaking Read More...

Bharatpur Hospital

Scrub typhus, dengue cases reported in Chitwan district

CHITWAN, SEPTEMBER 25 Even as the district is under the grip of COVID-19 infection, cases of scrub typhus and dengue have also been reported in Chiwan of late. As many as 69 scrub typhus patients and 24 dengue patients have been detected in the district in the past two months. According to Read More...

More health workers contract coronavirus

KATHMANDU, SEPTEMBER 25 The number of health workers being infected with coronavirus is on rise. According to the Ministry of Health and Population, as many as 600 health workers across the country have tested positive of the respiratory contagion till September 23. Health workers infected wit Read More...

Government urged to save life of agitating Dr Govinda KC

KATHMANDU, SEPTEMBER 25 The National Human Rights Commission today drew its attention to the deteriorating health of Dr Govinda KC, who has been on his 19th fast-unto-death since September 14. The senior orthopaedic surgeon had launched his hunger strike in Chandannath Municipality-6, of J Read More...

Two youths stage hunger strike

DAMAULI: Two youths have staged a fast-unto-death expressing solidarity with Dr Govinda KC in Tanahun’s Damauli on Friday. Sagar Ghimire, 25, and Binod Sapkota, 24, have launched the strike. Ghimire said they had started a hunger strike to pressurise the government to address all demands of Dr Read More...

Government committed to ending hunger, says Prime Minister Oli

KATHMANDU, SEPTEMBER 25 Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli addressed, through a pre-recorded video, a high-level side event titled ‘Poverty at a Crossroad: Using Leadership and the Multidimensional Poverty Index to Build Back Better’, organised on the margins of the 75th Session of United Nations G Read More...