Poisonous food causes death of three rhinos in CNP
CHITWAN: Three rhinoceros have died after consumption of poisonous food in the past month in Chitwan National Park (CNP).
Preliminary report shows that a rhino, which was found dead last Saturday at Seheri, East Nawalparasi, had consumed toxic food.
According to CNP senior veterinary doctor, Dr Bijay Shrestha, a rhino died at Tamaspur area last week, which was preceded by another death at Ganjipur area a month ago.
'Mustard-substances' were found in the stomach of all three rhinos and it is estimated that they might have died after eating poisonous mustard seeds and plants, he further shared.