Poisonous mushroom claims one in Rukum

RUKUM: A person died and four others have fallen sick after consuming toxic mushroom in Rukum on Friday.

The deceased has been identified as Chaiti Nepali (48) of Kotjahari-8 of the district.

Nepali died on the way to a hospital this morning, police informed.

Police said that Nepali's three daughters and one son have taken ill after consuming curry of the wild mushroom brought from a nearby jungle.

They are receiving treatment at the Chauharjahari Hospital.

According to the Area Police Office, Chauharjahari, Nepali died due to lack of treatment.