Pokhara man electrocuted while unplugging phone charger

POKHARA: A 31-year-old man was electrocuted while unplugging a cell phone charger in Pokhara Lekhanath Metropolis-19 on Tuesday morning.

The deceased has been identified as Santosh Sunar of Dharmi in the Metropolis.

According to the Kaski District Police Office, Sunar got electric shock while he was removing phone charger from the electric outlet at around 10:00 am this morning.

Sunar who passed out after the incident was rushed to the Pokhara-based Fishtail Hospital where he breathed his last during the course of treatment, said police.

He had bruises on his hands and feet, police informed.

The preliminary investigation points to the electrical short circuit as the cause of the incident, said police.

Meanwhile, the body has been kept at the Pokhara-based Western Regional Hospital for an autopsy.