Property worth five crore rupees gutted
CHITWAN: Property worth over 5 crore rupees turned into ashes after a fire spread due to the electric short circuit at Everest Color Private Limited in Bharatpur Metropolitan City on Wednesday morning.
Police said the blaze was brought under control at around 10:30am. The fire had started at 7:00am. Fire engines from Kawasoti Municipality and Hetauda Sub-metropolitan City were called after the fire engine belonging to Bharatpur Metropolitan City could not bring the blaze under control, said police.
The buildings of the company were completely destroyed. Police said as many as 11 machines and raw materials, among others, were burnt in the blaze.
A joint team of Armed Police Force and Nepal Police and locals were deployed to bring the fire under control, said police.