Property worth Rs 3 million gutted in fire from candle lighted on Laxmi Puja

GAIGHAT: Two separate incidents of fire breaking out from candles lighted to mark the occasion of Laxmi Puja of Tihar festival in Thoksila and Limpatar both VDCs in Udayapur district caused damages worth Rs 3,000,000 last night.

A fire inflicted a loss of Rs 1 million when it engulfed the wooden house belonging to Prem Rai of Rampur, Thoksila VDC, District Police Office, Udayapur informed.

Similarly, a fire which spread from a candle lighted at the house of Shambhu Karki in Limpatar VDC also spread to neighbour Til Bahadur Karki's house and barn causing a loss estimated to be around Rs 2 million, locals said.

The fire was taken under control by the locals.