BARA: Property worth Rs 5 million were gutted in a fire that broke out at Makalu Soap and Chemical Industries Pvt Ltd in Bara on Monday, police said.
According to District Police Office, Bara, an electric short circuit sparked the fire and destroyed factory setting, finished goods, raw materials among others while preparing for Bishwakarma Puja around 7:30 am today.
One of the employees said, "The carton boxes of oil and chemicals used for producing soap caught fire before spreading around the factory."
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ranjit Singh Rathore shared, "After two hours of joint efforts from the locals, security personnel and five fire engines, finally, the fire was contained."
Ajaya Kumar Agrawal, Managing Director of the Industry, said the actual details of the damage is yet to be ascertained.