Property worth Rs 800,000 destroyed in two Bhojpur fires

BHOJPUR: Property worth around Rs 800,000 were destroyed in a fire that broke out in two locations of Bhojpur district on Thursday.

An electric short circuit started a fire in a grocery store belonging to Shambhu Khatri in Simal Bhanjyang of Shadananda Municipality-12 at around 12:30 pm yesterday, and gutted the store and the two-storey building it was housed in, according to District Police Office, Bhojpur.

The fire destroyed property worth Rs 358,000, informed police.

Locals with the help of police deployed from Deurali-based Police Post brought the fire under control.

Similarly, in another case of fire, property worth around Rs 456,000 were gutted after the house belonging to Padam Bahadur BK at Tyamke Myaium Rural Municipality-2 caught fire on Thursday morning.

According to Kote-based Police Post, the fire that started with an electric short-circuit gutted the house and burned the properties housed inside to cinder.

Police with the help of locals doused the fire.