Saptari teenage girl dies of snakebite

RAJBIRAJ: A teenage girl died after being bitten by poisonous snake in Saptari district on Wednesday.

Ram Kumari Chaudhary (15) was bitten by the reptile while she was watching television at her house.

Critically injured, Chaudhary was taken to the Rajbiraj-based Sagarmatha Zonal Hospital and was later referred to the Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences.

But, her condition did not improve and she eventually succumbed to the poisoning on the way to Dharan.

Meanwhile, at least six persons died of snakebite in the district in past two months, according to the Rajbiraj-based health facility.

Total 107 snakebite cases were reported to the hospital in this period.