Nepal | June 19, 2019

Seven injured in gas cylinder explosion in Bara

Pusparaj Khatiwada

BARA: Seven persons, including four members of the same family, have been injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded in Bara district. Three of them are reported to be in critical condition.

The gas cylinder exploded inside the house of a local, in Syauli Bazaar, Jeetpur-Simara Sub Metropolitan City-14. The injured have been identified as house owner Najarman Thing, 67, his son Bouddhaman Thing, 31, and daughters-in-law Anita Thing, 32, and Suku Maya Thing, 25. Likewise,┬áNajarman’s neighbours Gyani Maya Moktan, 20, Dil Maya Waiba, 48, and Kamali Maya Thing, 52 were also injured in the incident.

Emergency care of the injured was carried out at Simara-based Alpine Hospital. They have sustained injuries in various parts of their bodies. Among the injured, Suku Maya, Dil Maya and Gyani Maya were taken to Birgunj for further treatment as their condition was known to be serious.

Moreover, preparations are going on to fly the critically injured to Kathmandu in a helicopter for further treatment, informed chair of ward 14, Ram Sharan Bartaula. They have suffered from burns and deep wounds.

The incident occurred around 6:30 in the morning while Suku Maya lighted the gas stove to make tea for her family members and neighbours. There had been a gas leak while she was trying to fix the regulator, informed Sub Inspector of Police at the Area Police Office, Simara, Subhash Hamal.

Locals and police immediately rushed the injured to the hospital after explosion.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories: