Sweets cause death of 3 kids
Biratnagar, October 27:
Three children of a family died after eating sweets on Bhai Tika during the Tihar festival.
Puja Bohara, the younger daughter of Raj Kumar Bohara of Jogbani, under treatment at the Birat Nursing Home died this morning. She had been admitted to the nursing home after she fell sick after having sweets in her house on Bhai Tika.
Bohora’s elder daughter Sneha (12) and Bohora’s brother Mahendra’s daughter Payal, 13. also died undergoing treatment in the nursing home on Tuesday, a doctor at the nursing home, Sushi Tapadiya, said.
Citing the deceased children’s family members, Dr Tapadiya said only these three children had eaten sweets that were prepared from cashewnuts and pistachios. They died as there was some poisonous element in the sweets, said Dr Tapadiya.
Meanwhile, DSP at the district police office Rabindra Sharma said the police have no knowledge of the tragedy.