Three die in Pokhara after consuming wild mushroom

POKHARA: Three persons of a single family died after consuming wild mushroom in Lamachaur, Pokhara Lekhanath-16 of Kaski district on Wednesday and Thursday.

According to the District Police Office (DPO), Maili Tamang (60), her daughter Manmaya (19), and her grandsons Sanam Magar (8) and Aayush Magar (12) were taken ill on Sunday after consuming wild mushroom foraged from the nearby forest on Saturday.

Then, they were rushed to the Gandaki Medical College for treatment only on Monday by their relatives.

The daughter was declared dead on Wednesday evening during the treatment.

Meanwhile, the sexagenarian also died on the same night at the Manipal Teaching Hospital, Pokhara.

Sonam breathed his last while undergoing treatment at the Charak Memorial Hospital, said Kaski police.

Aayush, on the other hand, is undergoing treatment at the Kanti Children's Hospital, Kathmandu.