Two girls die after consuming poison

RAMECHHAP: Two tenth graders of Himganga Higher Secondary at Sanghutar in Ramechhap district died of poison consumption on Thursday evening.

The deceased have been identified as Rita Shrestha (16) of Sanghutar VDC-4 and Tikamaya Budhathoki (17) of Yesam VDC-1 of Okhaldhunga, according to schoolteacher Ganesh Bakhrel.

It is learnt that they died after consuming the poison named Novan, which they bought from Sanghutar bazaar during school's lunch time.

They died on the way while being taken to the district headquarters, Manthali, for treatment.

The reason behind the poison consumption is not confirmed yet.