Two houses gutted

BHOJPUR: Two houses were gutted after a fire broke out due to electric short circuit in Chandbela VDC, Sunsari, on Sunday night.

The fire that spread from the house belonging to Manuwa Urawa destroyed Urawa’s and his neighbour Tara Lal Mudariya’s house.

Police said utensils, food grains and clothes, among other materials turned into ashes. Property worth Rs two lakh was destroyed in the blaze, said police.

The fire engine, police and locals had brought the fire under control.