BAGLUNG: Two children died when a cowshed caught fire in Bagaha of Adhikarichaur-3 of the district on Monday.
The deceased have been identified as seven-year-old Yam Lal BK and her three-year-old sister Samjhana BK.
They were reportedly staying inside the cowshed when the fire spread from an open fireplace, police said.
Their mother had gone to collect fodders for the cattle leaving them alone in the shed, where they were currently residing, informed Police Inspector Krishna Rana of the Burtibang Area Police Office.
It has been learned that their father is abroad for employment.