Two-year-old girl dies of snakebite
RAJBIRAJ: A 2-year-old girl died after being bitten by a cobra in Saptari, today.
According to locals, Dipa Sardar, daughter of Devu Sardar of Shambhunath Municipality succumbed to venomous predator’s bite while her family were preparing to rush her to a hospital.
There has been a rise in the number of snakebite incidents in Tarai region due to extreme heat and rainfall off late.
Gajendra Narayan Singh Sagarmatha Zonal Hospital based at Raj Biraj in Saptari has reported 104 snakebite victims in the past one month.
According to Hospital Incharge Dhaneshwor Shah, the number of victims has been estimated to be over 200 as the victims also seek treatment in Dharan and Biratnagar based facilities.