Woman electrocuted while collecting fodder in Tanahun

DAMAULI: A woman, who had climbed a tree to collect fodder, died on the spot after receiving electric shocks from a nude electric wire at Ramthumki of Byas Municipality-11 in Tahanun district on Wednesday.

Police Inspector Bijaya Raj Pandit at the Tanahun District Police Office identified the deceased as 55-year-old woman Juthi Maya Nepali.

Nepali was trying to clear twigs that fell on the high-voltage power supply giving her fatal electric shocks, according to police.

Her body has been sent to the Tanahun District Hospital for autopsy.