KATHMANDU: A perfect lip colour can do wonders to your look, further lip cosmetics can also protect lips from drying out, and many have ingredients that keep lips soft and help prevent the effects of weather.
There is more to lip cosmetic than lipstick; for those who do not prefer lipsticks, can opt for lipgloss. Lipgloss is usually transparent, or with a hint of colour. They can also be used as an additional layer over the lipstick for additional shine. Then there are lip balms, which are usually transparent and are designed to soothe chapped lips.
Lipgloss and lipstick can make lips look fuller, glossier and better. Women with
thin lips can use lipgloss
and lipsticks to add volume to lips and make them appear bigger.
However it is important that you choose the right product and colour to accentuate your look. Here are a few handy tips:
• Choose the perfect lip cosmetic, the options are shimmery, clear, coloured, flavoured or sheer.
• Make sure to find the perfect shade for you by experimenting with different colours.
• Start with a subtle colour, something a few shades darker than your lip colour.
• Decide before hand if you are going to wear lipliner. Lipsticks these days are better formulated than those of the past so using a lipliner is not necessary.
• While buying a lipliner go for neutral or the one that matches the colour of your lipstick.
• Do not wear lipliner that is darker than the lipstick, as it can look horrible if your lipstick rubs off.
• While applying lipstick stretch the lips and start at the centre, putting on the lipstick to the corners. Blot the lipstick with a tissue. Make sure the lipstick has not smudged over the line of your lips.
• Apply your lip-gloss either all over your lips, or just in the centre of each lip and rub your lips together to apply an even, thin coat.
Always keep in mind that the first thing a person should notice is you and not your makeup. So, keep the look subtle and do not overdo the cosmetics.