KATHMANDU: The ever-increasing temperature proves that summer has officially arrived. Carrying umbrella, drinking lot of water, using hats — people do so many things to beat the heat. But very few make a point to take proper care of
their skin in summer. The fact is our skin needs tender love and caring to survive the scotching heat, plus fresh and summery ready skin is a must to flaunt those summer dresses.
Here is a summer guide for skin care:
• It’s so very important to exfoliate skin. Body sheds skin cells at an amazing rate every minute of every day and if those dead cells are not removed they will just
sit on your skin making you look dull and dry. Gently rub exfoliator in circular movements on the
entire body from the shoulders down (use a facial exfoliator for your face and neck) and rinse clean. Continue to do this 2-3 times a week for year-round beautiful skin.
• Find a more light summery lotion that is absorbed quickly by skin. Gels and purees are perfect fast absorbers. Nothing spells summer more than a
light refreshing fruity lotion.
Apply right after shower to seal in the moisture your body just soaked in.
• It’s sandal season ladies and nothing is worse that seeing dull dry feet inside cute sandals. Either go and get a pedicure or give yourself an at-home pedicure. Keep a foot scrub and file and scrub your feet a few times a week while taking a shower.
• Toe nails can be painted with
a much bolder colour than fingernails. Pick out something that screams summer. Apply a
clear base coat, two applications of colour and a clear top coat
• Be sun safe and pick up a new bottle of sunscreen. And don’t forget the most important sunscreen advice: USE IT. Reapply every one to two hours that you are in the sun to ensure a summer full of safe sun fun.