ANFA impose ban on MMC coach, officials

KATHMANDU; The All Nepal Football Association (ANFA) suspended three Laxmi Hyundai Manang Marshyangdi Club (MMC) officials and team coach Chhiring Lopsang Gurung for one match for going against the spirit of the game during their Martyrs Memorial San Miguel A Division League Football match against Nepal Police Club (NPC) on March 20.

The league disciplinary committee meeting headed by Karma Chhiring decided to suspend the coach and officials — team manager Kancha Gurung and officials Bijaya Shahi and Kumar Bhattarai for their attempt to manhandle referees and match commissioner Kumar Jung Thapa after the completion of the match, which they lost 1-0. Chhiring also misbehaved with the match commissioner during and after the match.

The suspended coach and officials will not be allowed in the player’s dugout during their upcoming match against Tribhuvan Army Club on March 26. However, club president Tashi Ghale, who was also involved in the scuffle and the only person to manhandle referee Bikash Mahat in front of a packed stadium, escaped unpunished.

ANFA have also imposed one-match ban on Sankata Kathmandu Mall Club manager Chandra Man Tuladhar for misbehaving fourth official Hari Kumar Khatri during their match against Nabil Three Star Club on March 15. Tuladhar verbally abused Khatri and even tried to manhandle him after he was barred to show up at the technical area during the match. Khatri was also imposed a three-match suspension for his failure to conduct his duty responsibly, informed the ANFA.

Meanwhile, MMC President Tashi Ghale on Tuesday clarified that he didn’t manhandle referee Mahat during their match against NPC. Issuing a release today, Ghale said he showed up at the official area to express his disappointment over the mistakes committed by the match referee. Ghale alleged Mahat of intentionally making decisions against MMC and demanded ANFA to take serious actions against the referee. The president also demanded ANFA to bar Mahat from officiating in MMC matches until the football’s governing body takes action against him.

League resumes on Wednesday

KATHMANDU: The Martyrs Memorial San Miguel A Division League resumes after a three-day break here on Wednesday.

Machhindra Football Club, who lie seventh in the standings with 11 points, will take on Tribhuvan Army Club (TAC) in the first match. TAC also have 11 points but are above them on better goal difference. In the second match of the day, fifth placed NIB Friends Club will play bottom of the table Boys Union Club (BUC). Friends have 12 points while BUC have just five.

Defending champions Nepal Police Club lead the table with 21 points from nine matches. Nabil Three Star are at the second position with 17 points from nine matches. Three Star have bettered New Road Team and Laxmi Hyundai Manang Marshyangdi Club — both 17 points — on a superior scoring rate.