Brighton recover twice to share points with Stoke
- Brighton twice come from behind to earn 2-2 draw with Stoke
- Stoke went ahead in 28th minute through Choupo-Moting
- Brighton claims for penalty dismissed when Murray went down
- Hosts drew level through Gross just before halftime
- Moments later Stoke regained the lead with Zouma header
- Brighton winger Izquierdo got the equaliser on the hour
- Promoted Brighton stand in ninth place, Stoke are 15th
- Brighton at Manchester United next, Stoke visit Crystal Palace
Promoted Brighton's promising Premier League campaign continued as they twice came from behind to earn a 2-2 draw at home to Stoke City on Monday.
Stoke's Swiss midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri created the opener with a fine long pass to forward Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting who showed skill and composure to finish in the 28th minute.
The hosts were furious when their penalty appeal was turned down after Glenn Murray fell under a Ryan Shawcross challenge but they levelled in the 44th as Pascal Gross hooked the ball home after a powerful solo run from Davy Propper.
Moments later Stoke restored their advantage when Brighton defender Bruno turned his back on a corner and the ball bounced off him to on-loan Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma who headed home.
However, Brighton deserved at least a point and got their just reward on the hour when Colombian winger Jose Izquierdo fired home at the second attempt after a clever Murray pass.
The draw leaves Brighton in ninth place on 16 points from 12 games while Stoke are 15th on 13 points.