Manchester United lose 3-1 to Watford, third defeat in eight days
- Mourinho suffers third defeat in a row
- Capoue scores fourth goal in five games since joining Watford
- Rashford equalises but Watford score two late goals
- United's next match is Northampton in EFL Cup on Wednesday
Manchester United suffered their third defeat in eight days as Watford handed Jose Mourinho his worst run as a manager in a decade.
Goals from Etienne Capoue, Juan Zuniga and a late penalty from Troy Deeney overwhelmed the visitors, who had levelled with a solitary strike from Marcus Rashford.
For all their possession, United were unsettled by Watford's harrying game and went behind on 32 minutes after Anthony Martial, still groggy from an earlier clash of heads, was robbed by Miguel Britos.
Daryl Janmaat picked up the ball and crossed for Capoue to fire his fourth goal of the season.
A half-time switch, which pushed Wayne Rooney further forward, settled United and they equalised on 62 minutes when Rashford scrambled the ball home after his header bounced back to him off a defender.
Watford keeper Heurelho Gomes denied Zlatan Ibrahimovic with a flying save but United always looked vulnerable and Zuniga scored from a cutback by Roberto Pereyra less than a minute after coming on.
Zuniga was then brought down by Marouane Fellaini inside the area late on to allow Deeney to score from the spot.
Next Fixtures (GMT): Sunday, September 18
- Crystal Palace v Stoke City (1315)
- Southampton v Swansea City (1315)
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (1530)
Summaries from the English premier league matches on Sunday:
- Watford 3 (Etienne Capoue 34, Camilo Zuniga 83, Troy Deeney 90+5pen)
- Manchester United 1 (Marcus, Rashford 62)
Halftime: 1-0;Attendance: 20,000
Saturday, September 17
- Everton 3 Gareth Barry 24, Seamus Coleman 42, Romelu Lukaku 45+1
- Middlesbrough 1 Maarten Stekelenburg 21og
Halftime: 3-1;Attendance: 39,074
- Hull City 1 (Robert Snodgrass 79pen)
Red Card: (Jake Livermore 40)
- Arsenal 4 (Alexis Sanchez 17,83, Theo Walcott 55, Granit Xhaka 90+2)
Missed penalty: Alexis Sanchez 41
Halftime: 0-1;Attendance: 22,536
- Leicester City 3 (Islam Slimani 45+1,48; Ben Mee 78og)
- Burnley 0
Halftime: 1-0;Attendance: 31,916
- Manchester City 4 (Kevin De Bruyne 15, Kelechi Iheanacho 25, Raheem Sterling 48, Ilkay Guendogan 66)
Red Card: Nolito 86
- Bournemouth 0
Halftime: 2-0;Attendance: 54,335
- West Bromwich Albion 4 (Nacer Chadli 8pen,56; Salomon Rondon 37, James McClean 44)
- West Ham United 2 (Michail Antonio 61, Manuel Lanzini 65pen)
Halftime: 3-0;Attendance: 22,209
Friday, September 16
- Chelsea 1 (Diego Costa 61)
Liverpool 2 (Dejan Lovren 17, Jordan Henderson 36)
Halftime: 0-2;Attendance: 41,514