Turkey planning anti-IS offensive

ANKARA: Turkey has said it is planning to launch a military campaign soon against the Islamic State group which is accused of carrying out the deadliest attack in the country’s history. “We have plans to act militarily against them in the coming days,” Foreign Minister Feridun Sinirlioglu told a conference in the northern Iraqi city of Arbil on Wednesday, describing the jihadists as a clear and present threat. Turkish prosecutors say a sleeper cell acting on the orders of the IS group in Syria carried out the twin bombings last month on a peace rally in Ankara which killed 102 people and wounded. —