Are you any good?
A company had participated in an IIM’s (Indian Institute of Management) Placement Sessions. They asked some interesting questions to students during recruitment.
Here are some of them —
1. There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it?
2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?
3. A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches every 15minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it’s highest, how many rungs are under water?
4. There is a house with four
walls. Each wall faces south. There is
a window in each wall. A bear walks
by one of the windows. What colour is the bear?
5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?
6. There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor. Who is Sloppy? How did Sloppy die?
7. How much dirt would be in a hole 6 feet deep and 6 feet wide that has been dug with a square edged shovel?
8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass, and size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, both of them at the same time, which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first? Same question, but the location is in Canada?
9. What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978, 34 minutes past noon on May 6.
10. If a farmer has five haystacks in one field and four haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the centre field?
11. What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move?