Little Angels take lead


The best bands from different colleges competed at Bhrikuti Mandap on December 6 at the 5th KCM Inter-College Music Competition. A total of 14 colleges vied with each other in the finals with the bands of Little Angels’ College of Management grabbing the top two spots.

Youngsters had gathered in quite large numbers to enjoy the musical compositions being belted out and support their friends. The concert started around 12 noon and carried on till 8.30 pm.

There was quite a variety in the performances - while some were quite good and was well received with a lot of cheering and head banging, others were a bit to lame and the audience seemed to be a bit bored with them. Each band had two chances to impress the judges and woo the audience, with one cover version and one original number. The bands chose songs of bands like Lamb of God, Green Theater, Guns and Roses and System of Down among others to prove their mettle. The original compositions were based on themes like effects of revolution and other similar issues. Besides the competing bands there were guest bands too to entertain the crowd which included Vhumi, Lost Oblivion and Navamurti.

In the preliminary rounds the winners of a few of the titles were declared — Judge’s favourite was won by St Mary’s, and Audience favourite was Idiosyncracy. The judges for the final round were Dev Rana, Ashesh Dangol, Pujan Shrestha and Vinay Shrestha.

The winners were chosen on the basis of the judges scores which formed 70 per cent of the totals while the remaining 30 per cent was decided by ticket voting and voting through THT Live 2722.

The winners were LACM I who won a cash prize of Rs 20,000, free recording of a song at Orange Recording Studio. The first runners-up were LACM III winning Rs 10,000, and the second runners-up were Kathmandu Valley College and took home Rs 5,000. All the winners also received gift hampers from Wai Wai.