Make work more fun
They say laughter is the best medicine for all ills. And the workplace is no exception. Here are some ways listed by laughertherapy that can brighten up your day at work.
• Look for the funny things like typos, funny actions of your co-workers, your own funny behaviour.
• Give your projects comical names like Thumper.
• Have mindless toys on your desk and take short breaks to play with them.
• Wear a funny hat.
• Use cartoons to help with communication.
• Play with the idea of stress — learn to celebrate it.
• Laugh with co-workers for no real reason at all.
• Under your clothes, wear a T-Shirt with a saying that lightens you up.
• Find playful ways to lighten up conflict with co-workers, like toys that diffuse conflict; develop humourous things to think or say; use comical visualisations that help you keep perspective.
• Exaggerate and play with issues that annoy you most.
• Incorporate elements of a game into your work: give yourself a prize for completing a project or develop a ritualised, playful way of turning on your computer.
• Laugh for five minutes in your car on the way to work.
• Wear light-hearted, temporary tattoos that help you cope with anything at work.
• Wear a light-hearted tie, scarf, or some other kind of clothing that will help you feel good and playful.