Recipe of the Month: Deconstructed Kiwi Cheesecake
- 50 g brie cheese (softened)
- 75 g packaged cream cheese (softened)
- 2 – 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 c sliced fresh kiwi
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Honey (optional)
- Remove and discard the rind from the brie.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer (medium speed) to beat the brie, cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until almost smooth. Set aside.
- Divide half of the kiwi among four parfait glasses or water goblets. Top with half of the cheese mixture and half of the almonds. Repeat these layers one more time. If desired, drizzle with honey.
The author is an Executive Chef at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu who has 13 years of experience in culinary arts.