1 dead, 1 hurt as tipper touches uninsulated electrical wire in Panipokhari
KATHMANDU: A person died and another sustained injuries after the tipper they were working on came in contact with live electric wire at a turning in Panipokhari of Kathmandu Metropolitan City-3 on Monday.
The police have identified the deceased as a tipper driver Nawa Raj Majhi (30) of Melamchi in Sindhupalchok district and injured as passenger Ram Bahadur Tamang (23) of Ramechhap district, both of them currently residing in Lagankhel of Lalitpur district.
The incident occurred when the tipper (Ba 2 Kha 1125) was in the process of unloading pebbles by the roadside in Panipokhari when suddenly the vehicle touched the uninsulated electrical wire, giving the duo an electric shock, according to police.
The injured duo were rushed to the Maharajgunj-based TU Teaching Hospital where Majhi breathed his last during the course of treatment while other one is undergoing treatment, informed police.
The investigation into the case is underway, said police.