2 died, 1 injured of electric shock at Dhungeadda
KATHMANDU: Two persons died and one sustained serious injuries after receiving electric shock, at Dhungeadda in Chandragiri Municipality, on the western outskirts of Kathmandu, on Thursday, police said.
All the three injured victims were rushed to the nearby Shahid Memorial Hospital in Kalanki for treatment.
However, Nar Bahadur Shahi and Narayan Raut were referred to Maharajgunj-based Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital for further treatment, succumbed to their injuries on the way to the hospital.
Police said the incident occurred after an iron rod accidentally touched nude wire while extracting mud with the help of a machine to soil test for the construction of a bridge over Balkhu river in the area.
Meanwhile, the injured victim Manchan Shahi is undergoing treatment at the same health facility, informed police.
They were in their 20's and hailed from Nagarpur-3 of Mugu district, currently residing at Dhungeadda in the Municipality.
Police said they are investigating into the case.