2 fire incidents reported in Capital

KATHMANDU: Police said that two incidents of fire were reported in the Capital on Wednesday.

Property worth around Rs 690,000 was reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at a furniture store in Gokarna Chautari, Gokarneshwor Municipality-10 on Wednesday.

Police said that the reason behind the fire that broke out at the Garden Yeti Furniture of Rabindra Shakya was electric short circuit.

Similarly, a fire broke out at the cosmetic shop of Anju Tamang (27) at Nayabasti of Gokarneshwor Municipality-13, Kathmandu destroying property worth around Rs 300,000.

Police said that the reason behind the fire was electric short circuit.

The fire was taken under control with the help of locals backed by a fire engine.