3 fires reported from Valley

KATHMANDU: Police said three incidents of fire were reported from Kathmandu district on Friday.

The Triveni Shopping Centre in Saraswatinagar, KMC-6 had caught fire in the wee hours of Friday, destroying property worth Rs 2.4 million, police said.

An electronic short circuit had caught the fire in various shops of the complex including a cosmetic shop and a pharmacy, according to police.

In another case, the Siddhi Binayak Electronics Suppliers and Light House in Samakhusi, Tokha-13 caught fire today.

The electronic short circuit-induced fire destroyed goods worth Rs 300,000, police said.

Again in Tokha-13, a parked motorbike caught fire, destroying the two-wheeler completely.

The bike (Ko 7 Pa 3571) was parked inside the compound of Dream Dhaulagiri Guesthouse, operated by Aasha Limbu.