Bhaktapur restaurant fire guts Rs 1mln

BHAKTAPUR: Property worth around Rs one million were destroyed in a fire that burnt down a restaurant in Madhayapur Thimi Municipality-5 of Bhaktapur district on Tuesday evening.

According to police, an electric short-circuit started a fire in the Sathi Bhai Khaja Ghar operated by Prem Bahadur Basyal of Sindhuli in the ground floor of the four storied house belonging to local Nawaraj Kaspal, gutting the restaurant.

Police with the help of locals and the Juddha Fire Brigade doused the fire, informed Deputy Superintendent (DSP) of Police Krishna Prasai, Spokesperson of Metropolitan Police Range, Bhaktapur.

Meanwhile, further investigation into the incident, said DSP Prasai.