KATHMANDU: Property worth Rs 1.52 million was reduced to ashes when a computer shop caught fire in Old Baneshwor of Kathmandu on Monday. The Green IT Solution Shop operated by Dambar Narayan Shrestha of Dhangadhi in Siraha district had caught fire due to an electronic short circuit, police said. The fire had destroyed valuables including computers today. Meanwhile, property worth Rs 150,000 including Rs 10,000 cash was destroyed as a shanty owned by Samir Mijar caught fire in Bagdol, LSMC-3 on Sunday. Police said a candle had sparked the fire in the shanty made up of zinc sheets. Police assisted by locals had contained both of the fires. Further investigation is underway.
Computer shop catches fire
Published: 01:32 pm Feb 01, 2016