Surgical equipment gutted in Buddhanagar fire

KATHMANDU: Property worth Rs 2.5 million was reduced to ashes when a surgical equipment godown caught fire in Buddhanagar, Baneshwor of Kathmandu on Saturday.

An electronic short circuit sparked fire at the godown of Sunrise Surgical House, operated by Sitaram Karki, today, police said.

Meanwhile, a community forest in Thulogaun, Budhanilakantha Municipality-6 of Kathmandu caught fire on Friday.

The wildfire, however, was contained by Nepal Police and Nepal Army personnel immediately.