Valuables worth Rs 5 mln gutted in 4 fires
KATHMANDU: Police said as many as four cases of fire were reported from various places of Kathmandu district on Friday and Saturday.
Valuables worth nearly Rs 5 million were gutted in the cases.
Gas leakage sparked a fire at the warehouse of Aarohi Pharma Pvt Ltd in Pepsicola, KMC-35 on Friday, police said.
All drugs at the store worth around Rs 4 million were destroyed.
Likewise, a cloth store caught fire near the Chandra Binayak Temple in Chabahil, KMC-7 yesterday.
The shop operated by Madhuri Shahi from Banke of mid-western Nepal was completely reduced to ashes, according to police.
In another case, a cotton factory caught fire in Kharentar, Kageshwori Manahara-7 of Kathmandu today.
An electronic short circut had caused the fire at the factory operated by Ramchhewal Prasad, a resident of Jethraiya-3 of Rautahat.
Cottons, a machine and a hut made up of zinc sheets were destroyed.
Another electronic short circuit also sparked the fire in the shop of Bijendra Shrestha in Dagurnepani, Tarakeshwor-9 of the district today.
Grocery goods worth Rs 200,000 were destroyed in the fire.