2 electrocuted, 17 injured in Makawanpur
MAKAWANPUR: At least two people were electrocuted in Handikhola VDC-4 of Makawanpur district on Wednesday.
Locals Sharmila Dimdung (17) and Thuli Maya Moktan (70) received the electric shock when the Nepal Electricity Authority released power in the area from this morning, informed SP Mira Chaudhary of the District Police Office, Makawanpur.
SP Chaudhary stated that the sudden rise in voltage flow resulted in the incident while the locals were involved in their everyday works.
The VDC was cut off the electric power for last 10 days.
Other 17 people from Handikhola-3 and 4 were also injured from the shock, Chaudhary added.