2 electrocuted, 3 hurt as electric wire breaks off pylon in Banke

KATHMANDU: Two persons were electrocuted while three others were left injured when a naked electric wire broke off a pylon and came in contact with houses in Raptisonari Rural Municipality-6 of Banke district, on Friday night.

The deceased have been identified as Suresh Chaudhary and Tikaram Chaudhary while the injured are Dinesh Budhathoki, Kamala Budhathoki and Tila Shahi, all residents of Mahimanpur area in the rural municipality.

According to Banke District Police Office (DPO), a naked electric wire broke off a pylon and touched the houses electrocuting Chaudhary duo and injuring three others in Mahimanpur, at around 3:00 am today.

The bodies of the deceased have already been handed over to their family members after carrying out postmortem at Bheri Zonal Hospital, said the DPO. Meanwhile, injured Budhathoki duo have been discharged from a local hospital while Tila Shahi is undergoing treatment, police said.

It has been learnt that police had urged Nepal Electricity Authority, Banke to cut off power as soon as they were informed of the electrocution, when the whole settlement was in a deep slumber.