2 houses gutted in separate Udayapur fire incidents
According to police, the two-storey stone and mud house belonging to Bhakta Bahadur Danuwar in Purano Sabji Bazaar of Triyuga Municipality-11 was burnt to cinders after an electric short-circuit started the fire at 8:00 pm yesterday.
Police with the help of locals doused the fire; however, details of the property loss is yet to be confirmed, said the District Police Office, Udayapur.
Meanwhile, property worth around Rs 1.5 million were destroyed after the house belonging to Chandrakala Rai caught fire in Basaha of Chaudandigadhi Municipality-4 of the district.
The fire that suddenly started from the oil lamp at 10:00 pm yesterday, gutted the house along with the furniture, clothes and utensils housed inside.
Police with the help of locals and fire engines brought the fire under control.
Further investigation into the cases is underway.
(with inputs from Rastriya Samachar Samiti)