24 students taken ill due to food poisoning in Saptari

SAPTARI: As many as 24 children were taken ill after consuming food items prepared at a Madrasa hotel in Rajbiraj-4 of Saptari district.

It has been learned that the entire meal prepared for children in the Madrasa hostel on Saturday evening was poisoned after a lizard fell in the meal and the children were served the same food for lack of information about it.

The District Police Office, Saptari, said that those students taken ill are receiving treatment at the Gajendra Narayan Singh Sagarmath Zonal Hospital in Rajbiraj.