52-year-old Jhapa man electrocuted

DAMAK: A Person died after he got an electric shock while pumping water from an electric motor tubewell at Baigundhara, in Gauradaha Municipality-9 of Jhapa district on Monday.

The deceased has been identified as 52-year-old Dakum Singh Giri.

According to police, Giri got an electric shock while he was pulling out water through a tubewell that was connected to an electric motor, this morning.

Critically injured Giri breathed his last on the way to a health institution in Damak for treatment, informed Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Rajan Limbu at the Damak-based Area Police Office.

The investigation into the case is underway, said police.