Applications called for 75,000 temporary cops for local polls
The application process would begin tomorrow itself, according to a notice issued by the Human Resource Development Department of Nepal Police.
Nepali citizens with a minimum age of 18 years and the maximum of 54 can apply for the 55-day job.
While anyone not involved in any political party and who does not have any criminal record can apply for the positions if they are physically and mentally fit for the job with basic literacy skills, priority would be given to those with experiences of services in any national or foreign security body, the notice read.
In addition, those who had worked as temporary cops in the previous elections would also get the priority.
- Position: Temporary police personnel
- Vacancies: 75,000
- Application collection venues: Metropolitan police ranges in Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur; all district police offices
- Age: 18-54 years
- Application opening date and time: 10 am on March 24, 2017
- Deadline: 5 pm on March 30, 2017
- Selection procedures: April 1-3, 2017
- Results: April 4, 2017
- Training: April 7-21, 2017
- Total tenure: 55 days
- Facilities: Salary equal to that of a police constable, allowance and other facilities as per further decisions