Cable car to be built along Sedibagar-Sarangkot hub
Pokhara, December 14
Annapurna Cable Car Pvt Ltd is all set to develop cable car facility along the tourism hub Sedibagar–Sarangkot from Phewa lake in Pokhara within one-and-a-half years.
Nepali entrepreneurs will share 85 per cent of the total investment while a Japanese company will support the remaining 15 per cent, according to Chairperson of the project Kalu Gurung. The locals will contribute 10 per cent of the total investment.
According to Gurung, discussions on handing over 49 per cent share of the cable car to the public are under way. Sunrise Bank is said to be investing a major chunk of the total Rs 1 billion budget. As per the proposal, the cable car will be installed using Japanese Nippon technology and there will be at least 36 cars.
Ropeway Nepal Chairperson Guna Raj Dhakal, who has been entrusted with the technical responsibility, said there will be 14 poles for the 2,100-metre distance and it will take around seven to nine minutes to cross the distance.
He expressed belief that the cable car facility will be a major tourist attraction as people can enjoy the beautiful sight of mountains, green hills, lakes and valleys through the ride.
“People can experience sunrise, sunset, Phewa lake, world Peace Stupa, snow capped mountain ranges and green forests from the cable car,” claimed Chairperson Gurung. Manakamana Darshan Pvt Ltd has been entrusted with the construction of the project.
At least 3,500 tourists visit Sarangkot on a daily basis. Sarangkot can be reached after 45 minutes’ drive from Pokhara. At least 500 KW electricity is required to operate the cable cars.