GAIGHAT: A child lost his life in a fire accident which occurred on Thursday evening in Triyuga Municipality of Udayapur district. Bishnu Rai (6), son of Chandra Bahadur Rai of Ratapani, Triyuga Municipality-16, Udayapur, was playing with a lighter when he was home alone, which caused the straw roof of his house to catch fire. Two domesticated pigs and household materials including clothing items, food, utensils in the two-storeyed house were lost in the fire, which approximately amounted to Rs 1,800,000, informed Superintendent of Police (SP) Bir Bahadur Magar at District Police Office, Udayapur. As the fire spread, the neighbouring house of Bam Bahadur Rai was also damaged and property worth approximately Rs 1,400,000 were lost, informed the police.
Child dies in Udayapur fire accident
Published: 04:20 pm Nov 22, 2019