Copies of draft statute burned

PHIDIM: Seven members of a family fell ill after consuming wild mushroom in Phaktep, Panchthar, on Thursday night. Hem Kumar Chemjong, 36, his wife Mangalimaya, 33, their three sons aged 13, 12, and six, and two daughters, aged nine and four, fell ill after they ate wild mushroom on Thursday evening. They were rushed to Ilam Hospital in the night by their neighbours. They were later referred to Mechi Zonal Hospital for further treatment.

Minor drowns

GAIGHAT: An 18-month-old minor boy drowned in a waterlogged pit at Gahirun of Triyuga municipality-17 in Udayapur on Friday morning. The deceased has been identified as Ram Kumar Sada’s son Birendra, said police. The minor drowned in the water pit while playing.