Earthquake victims await second instalment of grant
Kavre, April 11
Many victims of the 2015 earthquakes in Kavre have had to stop reconstructing their homes because the concerned authority has not yet released the second instalment of the grant provided by the state.
Keshab Adhikari of Panchkhal Municipality said he has had to halt reconstructing his home for three months, waiting for the second instalment to be released.
The District Coordination Committee, Kavre has not allocated the grant amount for the second instalment yet. The National Reconstruction Authority Regional Office, Dhulikhel said that the distribution of the amount has been delayed as the team of engineers has not provided them with the victims’ name list yet.
The Urban and Building Division Office, Kavre, had reportedly deployed four teams, including engineers, in the villages to supervise the reconstruction of homes by the beneficiaries with the first instalment, and to ascertain the list of those victims who qualified to receive the second instalment.
According to Division Chief AstalalSuwal, the teams were deployed at Dandapari, Koshipari, Timal Area and district headquarters surroundings, and the survey work had been completed at the then 30 VDCs.
The division office said that around 2,000 houses were being constructed while more than 400 quake victims’ families had demanded the second instalment.