BIRATNAGAR: Property worth around four million rupees were gutted in a fire at Rangeli Municipality-8 of Morang district on Wednesday night.

Two houses belonging to Seru Miya and his brother Bachchu Miya of the municipality had caught fire, which completely destroyed all goods housed inside the two buildings, according to Province 1 Police Office, Biratnagar.

It has been learnt that an electric short circuit was the cause of fire.

The fire was brought under control with the help of locals, police and fire engine.