Five of single family taken ill after consuming wild poisonous mushroom

KHOTANG: As many as five persons of a single family were taken ill after consuming wild poisonous mushroom at Solma of Diktel Municipality-5 in Khotang district, on Wednesday morning.

Balaram Rai, his wife Kala Rai and two sons Rupen and Uman and daughter Yunika fell sick after consuming poisonous mushroom in their lunch yesterday, according to the Area Police Office's Inspector Saroj Rai.

Balaram had picked the mushroom from an area nearby his farm, informed neighbours.

Meanwhile, the victims have been undergoing treatment at the Diktel-based District Hospital, added the police official.

The 15-year-old Yunika is said to be in critical condition and sent to Kathmandu for further treatment, informed relatives.

Inspector Rai said other victims are slowly recuperating at the District Hospital.

Earlier four months ago, four persons of Banjhe Chihandanda in the district had died of consuming wild poisonous mushroom.