Rajbiraj, March 29 Flood victims of Rajbiraj Municipality-5 today padlocked the ward office, accusing the staffers and local representatives of irregularities in the distribution of relief meant for flood victims. The locals, who had been frequenting the ward office, municipality office and the district administration office for the past three days padlocked the ward office and staged a sit-in today. The agitating locals chanted slogans against the ward secretary Dipendra Roshan and incumbent ward members Partho Sarakar and Sangita Karna and demanded ward chair Samir Jha out of his office. “The three did gross injustice to the victims, who have been either totally ignored or identified as ‘least affected’ on the list of flood victims selected for government relief, which is out-and-out unfair,” said a local Dipesh Yadav, venting his ire at the ‘depraved’ persons who unfairly managed to include the names of their kin on the list. The southwestern part of Rajbiraj-5 was among worst affected by the flood last year. “Instead of providing relief to the genuine victims, the three have only provided relief to their near and dear ones,” said Jagadish Bhagat, another local. Lately, the government has released Rs 25,000 to each of the households whose houses were destroyed in the flood. Besides, the agitators have sought verification of the flood victim families included on the government’s list and action against the persons involved in irregularities in the distribution of relief. They have also warned of stern agitation if their demands are not met. Ward chair Jha admitted that there were mistakes in the names recommended by the then ward secretary and said a review was necessary. Ward member Sarkar, on his part, denied the charges against him and said the allegations levelled against him were politically motivated.